InsightAsia is a Market Research Agency and we do not pass your personal information to other businesses for marketing purposes. In this document, we highlight the information we collect, when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it, keep it secure and how you can request to take out your personal information at any time.
We operate in multiple countries and jurisdictions, and our policies and will ultimately be bound by the laws and regulations in force.
What information do we collect from you?
InsightAsia will inform you of why we collect, use, and disclose your personal information. When you submit a contact form on our website at InsightAsia.com or contact us, or when you participate in our research studies (such as in-depth interviews, focus group discussions, online survey, telephonic interviews or street intercepts), this is under the assumption that you have given consent and have voluntarily provided your personal data for the stated purpose.
This consent extends to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data to our clients and external data intermediaries (e.g. our partners and vendors), during your exchange with them, the purpose of collection will be made clear to you.
We collect, store, and process the following categories of personal information, disclosed by you:
- Contact details such as name, telephone number, address and contact email
- Gender, age, and other demographic data
- Sensitive information (e.g. racial, religious, financial details, health data)
InsightAsia will always seek consent from a parent or a legal guardian of a minor (under age of 18) before we collect any personal information on them.
How do we collect these information?
InsightAsia collects personal information about respondents via the following channels:
- 3rd party Fieldwork agencies (for market research purposes)
- Telephone interviews
- Face to face interviews (at central locations/in office/in home).
- Online interviews/discussion/surveys
- Web forms
- Lists made available to us to enable us to contact you (our clients)
How will InsightAsia use the information you provide?
Your personal information may be used and disclosed for one or more of the following:
- To reply to your inquiries submitted online and market research requests
- To share our products and services marketing communications which you have signed up for
- To share with you research opportunities where you can participate as a respondent
- To verify the survey you have participated in for audit and quality control purposes
- To process transactions such as providing honorarium for your participation
- For our business purposes, such as data and trend analysis, new product development, and service improvement for our website and communications. All information used in the abovementioned business purposes will be anonymized, and your data will be unattributed (so that it can no longer be associated with you), analyzed, and reported based on overall trends.
- To respond to government/authority requests for information or when required by law/PDPA guidelines.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is required to fulfill the purposes we collected it for. Your personal data, in both hard copy and soft copy, within InsightAsia and/ or our external data intermediaries, will be destroyed as disposed of in a secure manner when it no longer has any business or legal use.
Who do we share your information with?
By registering your personal data with InsightAsia, you consent for us to transfer, store, utilize, and disclose your personal information within the InsightAsia Research Group of companies for business and market research activities.
During the course of the business, we may also share or transfer your personal information with our clients and external data intermediaries who may process your information on InsightAsia’s behalf. We also limit access to your personal information to these external data intermediaries and they will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subjected to a duty of confidentiality. The transferring of information will be carried out securely and in compliance with data protection and data privacy requirements. Anyone involved in this process is required to adhere to the same data privacy requirements as InsightAsia.
There are procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach and InsightAsia will notify you and any applicable regulator/authorities of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
In the event of emergency circumstances, or when required by the authorities (or relevant laws or PDPA guidelines), InsightAsia will be obliged to disclose your information to the authorities requesting them.
If you have any questions or require further clarification on this Policy or the information we may hold of you, please reach out to our Data Protection Officer(s). A contact may have been provided to you when we collected your data, or you may contact the DPO listed below or on our website.
If you wish to withdraw your consent for InsightAsia to use, transfer or store your personal data, please request either the Contact or the DPO. We will get in touch with you to discuss this process further, and the outcome of your withdrawal of consent. Please note that we may need to identify you before we can proceed with your request.
If you wish to make corrections to your personal data, please also contact the DPO to correct or update your personal data. Upon receipt, we may need to verify your identity by checking against legal identification documents/parameters.
InsightAsia Data Protection Officers Contact Details:
60 Paya Lebar Road
Dated: 6 June 2020
06-June-2020: Posted Policy